Welcome to Perdeby’s new weekly segment, Rad vs Sad. Each week, we take a look at the good, the bad and the just plain weird in the entertainment industry. Is there something you think we should include? Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll see what we can do. For now, put your moral compass on hold and enjoy the worshipping and the bitching.
- Oppikoppi is just a few days away! Here at Perdeby we all have our tickets and we simply cannot wait any longer. In fact, we’re almost willing to pitch our tents in the office, put on an iPod and roll around on the dirty floor in an attempt to satisfy our cravings. Okay, we aren’t quite that desperate just yet, but suffice it to say – Oppikoppi, here we come! Remember to check out our survival tips on page 10.
- Vinyl. It’s time to go down to the basement and dig through your parents’ old records. You’ll be surprised at what treasures you can find in amongst The Best Disco Album … Ever! and Boney M’s Christmas Hits (don’t ask). If you come up empty, you can also check out Mabu Vinyl’s stall at the Hatfield flea market every Sunday. MP3s might be convenient but there’s nothing quite like that ambient crackle of old records.
- The Pretty Reckless. Remember little Jenny Humphrey from the hit TV series, Gossip Girl? Perdeby still isn’t sure about the racoon eyes and black lipstick she’s sporting these days, but we can’t fault her on her music. Actress Taylor Momsen is the frontlady of this rocking new act. Especially addictive is their current single, “Make Me Wanna Die”. Listen to it once and you’ll never go back.
- Ed Hardy. We thought everyone knew this already, but apparently there are a few people that didn’t get the memo. Have you been living under some kind of rock where Kevin Federline is somehow still cool? It’s time you knew the truth: he looks like a douche and so do you. On a similar note, mullets never were and will never be okay. Just saying.
- Idols, Season 50 billion. Haven’t we had enough yet? This show has only ever produced one real star in eight years, and even that’s arguable. Sure, there are a few “funny” moments, but Perdeby is not entirely comfortable with the fact that a girl farting (YouTube it) now passes for national entertainment. Surely we have something better to offer?
- Lame bloggers who are famous for no apparent reason. Case in point: Perez Hilton. Seriously, get a real job. Your writing (and MS Paint skills) leaves something to be desired, to say the least. But not all bloggers are lame. We can’t stop reading Allie Brosh’s blog, Hyperbole and a Half. Its awesomeness can’t really be explained, but suffice it to say if we ever met Allie Brosh we would totally throw her a party with confetti and balloons and everything. And then we would probably stalk her forever. Except in a non-creepy way. We’re not kidding. It will change your life.